Simple Ginger Cinnamon Baked Apples
These simple, ginger cinnamon baked apples are so easy to make and so versatile. They're perfect on oatmeal or with a scoop of dairy free ice cream for dessert!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds Ambrosia apples, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
- 2-3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder, optional
Preheat your oven to 350F. Lightly oil a medium sized square or rectangular baking dish (mine was 7 x 13 inches; 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 square is fine, too).
In a large mixing bowl, toss all ingredients together. Transfer the apples to your baking dish. Cover the dish with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Give the apples a stir, then remove the foil. Bake for another 15 or so minutes, or until the apples are tender, golden, and the juices have thickened up a bit.