1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
2. Toss the vegetables in enough oil (2-3 tablespoons) to coat them well. Spread them onto two small or one large roasting tray, lined with foil or parchment.
3. Roast the vegetables for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and sweet.
4. Transfer the vegetables to a high speed blender. Add the vegetable broth (start with 3 1/2 cups and add more as needed -- I prefer a thick texture). Being careful (hot liquid expands and tends to spatter everywhere), blend the vegetables and broth up till totally smooth.
If you prefer, you can steam the vegetables, rather than roasting them.
5. Transfer the soup to a medium sized pot and heat over a low flame. Add the kale and cook until it's soft and wilted. Serve the soup, topping each bowl with coconut bacon as desired.
Makes 2-4 servings