Creamy Miso Soup from The Rawsome Vegan Cookbook
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 2 to 3 servings
- 2 cups 118 g baby shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free tamari
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Creamy Miso Soup:
- 1/3 cup 31 g pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons 20 g hulled hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons 20 g white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons 28 g miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kelp granules
- 2 cups 473 milliliters hot water
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dulse flakes
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
To prepare the mushrooms: slice them thinly, then toss with the olive oil, tamari, and lemon juice. Let them sit somewhere warm for 30 minutes, so they can marinate.
To make the soup base: blend all the ingredients until smooth. If you want it super smooth, strain through a cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
Scoop the mushrooms evenly into 2 bowls, then pour the soup over them and garnish with parsley, dulse flakes, and sesame seeds.